Enjoy Adventure?

Check out this Adventure Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Roatan 082609 Cracks and Horses







Had a great day of diving. Managed an early morning snorkel with a cool encounter with a lobster worthy of a feast. Great schools of fish, undisturbed by the usual clatter and gurgle of divers. A great way to start the day. Then to the boat and to a great dive site called, Calvin's Crack. Not sure who Calvin is/was but he's got a great crack named after him. A sweet headfirst entry at about 30 feet. Straight down to 45 feet then in to the deep to 90 feet. Amazing! Reminded me of the canyoneering we did in Utah, only deep under water. The afternoon dive was to a site called Minagerhea's Reef. A beautiful field of coral and sand to the reef wall. Over the wall to 55ft and then enjoy the reef-life. Angel fish, scorpion fish and some amazing seahorses. Managed to capture some images. Mystical, peaceful little creatures in a hostile, unforgiving environment.

1 comment:

cath said...

ohhhhh....wow! I was so hoping you'd manage to capture the little horses for us to see...and You Did! They make me think--they're the mermaid version of those big four-leggeds I just adore! Mystical-is the perfect word! To see them--floating-for lack of a better word--somehow they must steer themselves-but it's beyond me to figure that out! So cool!! SO THANK YOU for showing me something I'd probably never see in my life! I'm so happy that you are doing what you're doing!!